Welcome to the El Vaquero Page
High and low technology, deadlines and GenXers, torturously-brewed
yuppie coffee and the fastest fast food all collide in the El Vaquero newsroom
El Vaquero Home Page
About the El Vaquero
Although some don't like to admit it, the El Vaquero is the official student newspaper of Glendale College. One way or another, it's published on 22 Fridays each academic year (we've found that the weekend makes a convenient cooling off period).
In addition to the classic hard-copy format, the El Vaquero is also available in an e-mail edition, which has come to be known as the "Cybervaq" to its dozens of loyal readers. It's condensed to be half as long, yet fully as annoying as the hard-copy version.
Since we know you're anxious to dig right in and taste these chunky curds of reading pleasure, we'll stop yammering and bring you the ...
El Vaquero Cyberspace Archive
- What is the Cyberspace Edition?
- Cyberspace Issue #1, 4/4/95
- Cyberspace Issue #2, 4/11/95
- Cyberspace Issue #3, 4/18/95
- Cyberspace Issue #4, 4/25/95
- Cyberspace Issue #5, 5/2/95
- Cyberspace Issue #6, 5/9/95
- Cyberspace Issue #7, 5/16/95
- Cyberspace Issue #8, 9/11/95
- Cyberspace Issue #9, 9/18/95
- Cyberspace Issue #10, 9/25/95
- Cyberspace Issue #11, 10/2/95
- Cyberspace Issue #12, 10/9/95
- Cyberspace Issue #13, 10/16/95
- Cyberspace Issue #14, 10/23/95
- Cyberspace Issue #15, 10/30/95
- Cyberspace Issue #16, 11/8/95
- Cyberspace Issue #17, 11/22/95
- Cyberspace Issue #18, 12/14/95
- Cyberspace Issue #19, 1/29/96
- Cyberspace Issue #20, 2/2/96
- Cyberspace Issue #21, 2/27/96
- Subscribe to the Cybervaq
Special Report Archive
The El Vaquero occasionally sends a whole bunch of people to write about the same damn subject. Others might call that repetitive, but we call it a Special Report. For example, we emptied out the newsroom (except for the half-eaten pizzas and stuff) to answer the question that had so many Glendale College students scratching their heads that at first we thought it was an outbreak of head lice: Why Can't We Get Out in Two Years?
Who or What Is Behind This?
- Links ranging from the blue-bloodiest of fine arts to the oddest of electronic 'zines have been collected by Mass Communication Department student Laurie McFarlane. She's selected, categorized and dubbed her creation WebScene.
Amazing Newspaper Headlines!
- View some of the most amazing headlines that journalism has to offer.
Create Your Own Newspaper
Check out our Women's Resources Page
- This page was put together by students as part of Glendale College's Women's History Month celebration. But we at the El Vaquero, being intrepid reporters and all that, figured out that although Women's History Month is in March, women exist all year long.
Send EMail to El Vaquero
This site doesn't look so bad when viewed on Netscape.
people--probably lost--have stumbled onto this page since March 26, 1996.